Tracheostomy Cannula for Adults with External Branch
The model of the adult tracheostomy cannula with External Branch has an external prolongation with an adapter, for a connection destined to air supply enriched in oxygen, humidified or both.
It makes also possible the connection to a nebulizer or a ventilatory support system. It does not have an inflatable balloon to close the ventilatory circuit. Like the previous ones, it is elaborated in variable lengths from 60 to 110 mm that allow exerting an additional therapeutic action when there are low tracheal lesions, close to the carina.
- Tracheostomy with connection to humidified oxygen supply.
- All the ones from tracheostomy.
- As a tutor, in remote tracheal lesions, precarinal, stenotic, inflammatory or other aetiologies that result in a partial occlusion that hinders the patient’s ventilation.
- The cannulas are introduced directly through the tracheostomy orifice.
- When a cannula is replaced, the skin should be sanitized with antiseptic solution.
- Optionally a gel lubricant can be used to facilitate the introduction manoeuvre.
- The pavilion of the cannula is fixed around the neck with the bandage provided. Do not apply excessive tension when knotting it.
- Ask the assistant to insert the little finger under the bandage before adjusting it. This will give you an appropriate tension for a comfortable use.
- Put a gauze between the pavilion and the neck skin.
- Change the gauze interposed between the pavilion of the cannula and the skin, at least once a day.
- Sanitize the skin with an antiseptic solution.
- In case of an unwanted increase of bronchial secretions or its viscosity, drink abundant water, make frequent nebulisations and use an aspiration system to remove the secretions through the cannula.
- Consult your physician.
- It does not have an inflatable balloon to close the ventilatory circuit.
- The product should not be reused because this can cause cross contamination.