Tracheostomy Cannula for Adults
It provides a secondary airway. Also, it provides variable lengths for different applications. The Stening CTA 9 cannula is provided in lengths of 60 mm to 110 mm that enable it to be used in lesions situated quite far from the precarinal trachea.
- As a tutor, in remote tracheal lesions, precarinal, stenotic, inflammatory or other aetiologies that result in a partial occlusion that hinders the patient’s ventilation.
- Secondary access to the airway.
- Upper airway obstruction.
- Severe thyroid or cricoids cartilage injuries, hyoid bones or great vessels.
- Neck severe subcutaneous emphysema.
- Facial and jawbone fractures.
- Control of excessive secretions of the respiratory tract.
- Prevent aspiration of oral and gastric secretions.
- Preparation for head and neck invasive procedures.
- Severe sleep apnoea not susceptible of CPAP or others.
- All the tracheostomy ones.
The Stening® CTA9 cannulas of 100 and 110 mm in length have been used successfully to maintain ventilation in tracheostomized patients with severe subobstructive tracheal lesions of low or precarinal location that may be out of reach of other endotracheal devices.
- The cannulas are introduced directly through the tracheostomy orifice.
- When a cannula is replaced, the skin should be sanitized with antiseptic solution.
- Optionally a gel lubricant can be used to facilitate the introduction manoeuvre.
- The pavilion of the cannula is fixed around the neck with the bandage provided. Do not apply excessive tension when knotting it.
- Ask the assistant to insert the little finger under the bandage before adjusting it. This will give you an appropriate tension for a comfortable use.
- Put a gauze between the pavilion and the neck skin.
- Change the gauze interposed between the pavilion of the cannula and the skin, at least once a day.
- Sanitize the skin with an antiseptic solution.
- In case of an unwanted increase of bronchial secretions or its viscosity, drink abundant water, make frequent nebulisations and use an aspiration system to remove the secretions through the cannula.
- Consult your physician.
The product should not be reused because this can cause cross contamination.